Wee Love Learning Center has an opening for an After-School Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Hours: 25 hours/week Monday-Friday 11:15 AM - 4:45 PM
- Start Date: August 31, 2020
- September thru May (follow Fox Valley Lutheran High School for vacation days)
- Pay Range: $10.50 – $11.75/hour, based on qualifications & experience
- This position is not eligible for insurance.
- Foster a classroom environment conductive to learning and promoting student/teacher relationships
- Interacts with, initiates, and encourages children in daily activities
- Lead and carry out weekly enrichment activities developed by the Director
- Assists Director in planning learning activities (based on experience)
- Helps children control behavior using a Christ-centered, positive, consistent approach
- Supervise and engage in play activities
- Prepare and distribute children’s lunches as provided by the parent
- Promotes integral learning during lunch time
- Supervise rest/quiet time
- Liaison between parents, students, and learning center to aide in communication between home and school
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the children
- Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the after-school program
- Clean and wipe down classroom after lunch and at the end of the day (as needed at other times); includes sweeping floors
- Adhere to policies and carry out the established procedures (see staff handbook)
- Meet weekly with director
- Attends required staff meetings and functions of Wee Love Learning Center
- Helps build a supportive, caring team with the Director, Pastors, Preschool Board Chairman & Office Manager
- Lives the Christian faith
- Enjoys working with children
- Some Early Childhood experience would be nice, but not mandatory. This position is required to take at least one basic level Early Childhood course (state approved).
- Be certified in CPR/AED/First Aid
- Complete a fingerprinted background check per state guidelines.
Download a copy of the Job Description
Interested? Fill out this form and then email it along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org